1. Datuk Seri Zainal Rahim Seman appointed Director General of Public Service, effective today, the General Secretary to the Government Tan Sri Dr Ali Hamsa.
2. Zainal Rahim, 59, who was previously Director General of Administrative Modernisation and Management Planning (Mampu), replacing Tan Sri Mohamad Zabidi Zainal which ends on December 31 last.
3. "He has vast experience in the area of land administration and management, human resource management and career development through its services," Ali said in a statement on the appointment today.
4. Zainal Rahim, who served over 33 years in public service, having served as Secretary General of the Ministry of Human Resources and the State Secretary of Penang.
5. Ali also thanked Mohamad Zabidi on contributions and devotion to public service and the country for over 35 years.
6. Tamingsari say congratulations DS Zainal Rahim Seman. We hope to spur public services more efficiently and effectively.